- married to my husband, Matt (going on 20 years- wow!)
- a homeschooling mom to my two sons (ages 9 & 12)
- a former school teacher
- happy to have a sweet Golden Retriever
- trying to live my life-long dream of being a writer
I created the name, Eila Oakes, for three reasons:
- I plan to use it as my pen name when I become a
- I am hoping to keep some anonymity because I know a lot of people, and quite a few wouldn't appreciate my love of horror, zombies, and my occasional use of four-letter words.
- I like trees.
As far as writing goes, I'm working on a full-length story that is about... wait for it... Zombies! What can I say? Zombies are fun. I'm not limited to zombies, however. I mostly like to write about people and what makes them who they are. My style tends to be dark because that's often how I see the world.
I have published three short stories
- "Sam's Boy". There are lots of great stories in it-- not just mine. Check it out! John O'Brien's A New World: Untold Stories
- I'm honored to have my story share the same space as some amazing authors in Happy Little Horrors, Freak Show, an anthology. My story is called "Through a Mirror, Darkly".
- My short story, "The Dead Don't Bleed" was published in ATZ Publications', The Gathering Horde. Thirty-three terrific zombie short stories in one book!